There are a variety of events and attractions in the area that offer a taste of local and regional culture when something out of the ordinary is what you’re craving.
Christmas Island, Burnside Island Kentucky (This is an annual holiday event in which the island is decorated for Christmas view in November and December. These are driving tours, and carriage rides are available.)
Cumberland Outdoor Theater, Monticello (Contact for shows and dates. Past performances: The “Tide Shall Cover the Earth” By Norma Cole, traditional bluegrass and swing musicians, shows starting at 8:00 with an all you can eat dinner preceding the show at 6:00. Dinners and shows are priced separately) 606-348-5253
- Somerset Rural Development Center (offering plays, musicals, and other special events) http://www.centertech.com/events/cal.php
- Sheltowee Artisans (artwork on display at Landmark Gallery, 207 South Main Street, Somerset, KY. The first fine art and crafts fair of the region is held the second weekend of November at the Somerset Rural Development Center. The Sheltowee Artisans and The Master Musicians Festival, partner in July at Somerset’s Somersport Park. For more Info. go to www.sheltoweeart.com.
- The Sheltowee Artisans and The Master Musicians Festival, partner in July at Somerset’s Somersport Park.
- Somernites Cruise, Somerset, KY The ultimate cool car cruise. Held the fourth Saturday of each month, April through October, rain or shine. Log onto www.somernitescruise.com for details.
- Wayne County Fair and Horse Show @ the Wayne County Memorial Park, July 2nd – July 10th. Check with local businesses for details.
- Cumberland Falls State Park (Location to the Niagara of the South, the second largest falls in the U.S. and home to the night time Moonbow, one of three worldwide.) Moonbow Dates Visible during clear weather. 2005 moonbow dates: